Saturday 11 October 2008

A little about my dating history.....

....I'm currently in the process of a divorce and decided that internet dating would be good for a laugh and at least get me out meeting people when the kids are with their dad, a few friends have had success on one particular site so I thought, why not? Can't hurt.................can it??

I don't want a husband, or a perfect body or loads of money, just a drink amd maybe a meal and someone to make me laugh occasionally, I don't think I'm asking for much but maybe I am. I was seeing a guy from the aforementioned dating site, seemed really nice and we managed to get to the fourth date, which I saw as quite positive but then he said that there wasn't a 'spark' which is fair enough, later that day I discovered a lack of spark actually means, 'I got so drunk on our date, I pissed in your bed and now I'm embarrassed!' That one has been written off and sent to the junk file :lol:

I had a date on Thursday this week and he seems ok but again nothing I want to write home about....I seem to attract the ones with just one ok photo, and after we've chatted a bit they show me more photo's....obviously the original picture was taken a few years back on a good day with excellent lighting and from just the right angle, then I can't shake them off....I have a Johnny vegas look-a-like declaring his undying love for me right now and we've never met! He asked me to ring him as he had no credit on his mobile and then told me he was busy catalogue shopping for a lacoste jumper and trainers......is it just me or is that not the best way to sell yourself????

A friend of mine went on a date with a guy who seemed lovely on the phone, when he arrived he looked like a malnourished Steve Carrell with a skin condition......After he bent himself in half to look at her toenails as he loved them so much, alarm bells started....it was only when he told her that he collected royal doulton figurines that the alarm bells got so loud she couldn't take anymore and had to leave!!

You gotta laugh eh???

No comments: